SFTP Account Details
Regardless of the client you use, the SFTP connection details for your site are as below:
- Host name - yourdomain.com
- Protocol - SFTP / SSH File Transfer Protocol
- Port - 22
- User name - firstname.lastname@example.org/dw
- Password - Your admin login password
- FTP mode (if necessary) - Passive
In the settings above,
- Note that the protocol must be SFTP, not FTP.
- Replace "yourdomain.com" with your site's domain name.
- Replace "email@example.com" with the email address you use to log in to the admin of your site.
- Do not forget to add /dw at the end of the username.
SFTP Client Programs
There are many free third-party SFTP programs that you can download and use for free. Download the software that matches your operating system. Here are a few:
- Cyberduck - Mac OS X, and Windows
- FileZilla - Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- sFTP Client - Turbo FTP client & SFTP client
- SmartFTP - Windows only
- WinSCP - Windows only
Note: There are some SFTP clients that are incompatible with the system. These SFTP clients, such as Expresso or Transmit FTP, delete and reupload a file instead of overwriting. This method leads to lost metadata from the our service.