This guide explains how to configure your Mac Mail on El Capitan Version 10.11
The account firstname.lastname@example.org is used throughout this guide as a substitute for your own account.
Configuration of your email client
The steps below can be used to set up email on your Mac Mail version 9.0.
- With Apple Mail open, click Mail from the top left of the screen and then select Add
- Fill in your name, email address and password, and click Sign In
- In the new window select Account Type (IMAP/POP). Either option you choose, the same settings apply going forward.
- Enter for Incoming and Outgoing Mail server: mail.b.hostedemail.com (IGNORE the server name mail.worldsecureemail.com below -- use mail.b.hostedemail.com instead.)
- Click Sign In. You've completed setting up e-mail on your Mac's Mail app. You can send and receive your email on your email client using a secure connection.